Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday Afternoon-Happy Hour

Growing up in Wallingford, you always hear about the countless bars on the downtown strip. I think Wallingford CT has the most bars per sq mile in the whole state. That's probably not the best thing to brag about, but each town has gotta be famous for something right? I have a few favorite bar hotspots in my town, but for Friday afternoon HAPPY HOUR, Brother's resturant is the best. It actually is a family type resturant that only packs the bar during happy hours on the weekends.
Now I don't drink too much, but their happy hour is awesome for many other reasons. Along with 1.50 beers and 2.75 mixed drinks starting at 4:30pm, they have a full FREE buffet of homemade pizza, buffalo wings, onion rings, french fries and/or potato skins. The food is brought out around 5pm and avalible *again for free* until 6:30pm. They also have an acoustic musician from 5:00-6:30ish. Brothers is actually where I discovered the singer/band I previewed and reviewed. The lead singer Seth Adam does acoustic music there like once a month and he invited me to see his band play at Public in Middletown earlier this month.
Not that I adovacate starting drinking all the time at 4:30pm despite the "5 o'clock somewhere" country song, but if you want a cheap drink, amazing FREE food, acoustic music, and a friendly atomsphere, go to Brothers in Wallingford CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment