Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Bar News

Rolling with this bar idea, as I stated in last blog... Wallingford has many bars. I ventured to a bar last night that I've never been too called Gaetano's Tavern on Main. Now this is usually an upscale resturant in town. Dinner alone is usually 25 dollars a plate, so I had no idea why my best friend wanted to go in for a drink. When we walked in rap music blurred from the speakers as the DJ pretended to rap to the songs. As the DJ was throwing his arms around and cussing with the music left and right, the bar was full of 21 or YOUNGER year olds and it seemed I went to high school with all of them. It was like a drunken high school reunion, and I'm pretty sure most of the patrons were under 21 w/ fake ids because they didn't card any of us. It was absolutely horrible! I bought one drink for like 6 dollars, so I knew the drinks were a little pricy just like the normal dinner prices. The lighting was darker and it seemed I saw everyone I didn't want to see. My friend also wanted an appetizer and we found a menu on the table, but were ignored by the one waitress for over an hour. We had to go grab her ourselves and by that time, we weren't that hungry!
So note to self: Gaetano's On Main does not deserve a second visit unless I want to run into all the preppys of my town.

1 comment:

  1. They have great food here!!! Visit again, for lunch, because the prices are better. The food is not excellent, but it is good and it is right downtown.

    ReplyDelete