Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To add to Amanda's post--Bamboozle 2009

As I commented on Amanda's post, Bamboozle is probably the one music festival I look forward to all year. I discovered it when looking into when Fall Out Boy was playing because I did not want to travel to Bridgeport to see them at the time. I had never been to Harboryard and it seemed too sketchy! Anyways my boyfriend at the time was from New York and when we found the festival, he agreed to drive through the city to Meadowlands (also known as Giants Stadium) where its held. That year, there were 5 stages in this giant parking lot and over 40 different bands, the big headliners being FOB, All American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights, and Silverstein. Panic at the Disco also got on stage w/ FOB to perform a song because they were the headliners for the Sunday show. The festival ran from 12noon to about 10:30pm at night, and it was a day of fantastic music. It was probably the best concert I had ever been to, for both the music and the experience with the thousands of other screaming fans.

I also went in 2007 when My Chemical Romance and Hellogoodbye were the big bands. I'd say that year was just as awesome. The best part was when the leader of Hellogoodbye ended up listening to the other acts right near me. I met him and hung out with him through My Chemical Romance's performance. It was amazing.

I am most excited for Bamboozle 2009 because of Third Eye Blind. Like Amanda, they are my favorite band of all time and I have never been lucky enough to see them. I imagine it will be a day of chaotic fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment