Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Childhood Foods

So I got a lot of inspirations for blog posts because of the readings this week. The snoke piece and the writer's childhood connection to the food strongly reminded me of connections I made to foods recently. As everyone knows, it's Girl Scout cookie season and Girl Scout cookies seem to cause a little nostlia in everyone. Everyone has their favorite. I indulge in a more recent cookie because it reminds me of childhood. The Lemon Chalet Cremes are clearly a lemon cookie, but so much more. The cookie is lemon with a tart yellow center, but the actually cookie part reminds me the animal cracker cookies you used to get from McDonald's Happy Meals. Does anyone remember those? It was like the sweet treat of happy meals besides the cool toys. Anyways, the cookies are fantastic and have sentimental value.

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of cookies of all sorts myself and each one can trigger a different childhood memory. I can say my favorite girl scout cookie is the thin mint. Although I was not a girl scout myself, I still indulged in their delicious treats. I can still remember my mom loving that kind and she would give them to me as a snack during girl scout cookie season when I was little. I think the reason for my liking of thin mints comes from my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once a Girl Scout, always a Girl Scout. I, too enjoy Girl Scout cookies and enjoy the Mint Choloclate ones. As a side note, Edy's icecream, as well as DQ have capitalized on the Girl Scout cookie idea and have both come out with flavors that state "Girl Scout Cookie." Looks like we aren't the only ones who love to munch on these traditional treats.

    ReplyDelete