Sunday, April 5, 2009

Songs for Stressful Days

As the end of the semester approaches rapidly, so does the tons of homework and paper deadlines. Spring break is over and it's time to get rolling on school work that you have put off since the beggining. Now with all these papers and tests catching up to you, life can get rather stressful (okay so we all know that's the understatement of the year. Anyways, I find that when I am totally stressed out and cannot seem to get my head around the endless piles of work, I rely on music. Certain songs can just put me in a better mood and take me away from that growing pile, even if its just for five minutes. For this blog post, I created a playlist from my ITUNES that makes my life a little less hectic. Now my ITUNES has 1789 songs on it, so there are def. some I forgot, but if you want to add more, feel free to comment.

1. Blister in the Sun- Violent Femmes
2.Hold On Loosely- .38 Special
3. This Afternoon- Nickleback
4. Two Princes- Spin Doctors
5. Thanks A Lot- Third Eye Blind
6. 99 Red Balloons- Nena
7. You Shook Me All Night- AC/DC
8. Bennie and the Jets- Elton John
9. Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band
10. Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry
11. Sublime Cover- Jack Johnson (I don't know the name of the ACTUAL song, but it comes up as this on Limewire Search)
12. Beautiful- Akon
13. Steal My Sunshine- Len
14. Get Up- 5ive
15. You May Be Right- Billy Joel
16. Saturday- Fall Out Boy
17. Live Your Life- T.I.
18. Sweet Child of Mine- Guns and Roses
19. Keep On Loving You- R.E.O. Speedwagon
20. Song for My Friends- Seth Adam and Band (the band the previewed and reviewed)

3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing mix of songs, especially Two Princes, that is a classic. "99 Red Balloons" can fit on any mix because it is just awesome and Third Eye Blind's "Thanks A Lot" is an interesting pick by the band, I would suggest "1000 Julys," but I am loyal to all of their music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat that you have come up with this strategy for yourself.

    Do you listen to these songs while doing homework? And if so, do they ever distract you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I use them as a break from homework... they bring me to a less stressed, much happier place lol...

    ReplyDelete